Free CLE: Best Practices in Life Sciences Prior Art Searching
Legal Advantage LLC is committed to providing free Continuing Legal Education (CLE) in life sciences. Here we offer various strategies and tools that maximize search efforts, making sure you get the right results the first time. Our CLE also offers a walk-through on successfully processes and extracting relevant data from search results.We know too well how rulings like AMP v. Myriad and Mayo v. Prometheus have cast a shadow of doubt over the proper process of drafting claims for new applications, as well as enforcing the claims of existing patents. Legal Advantage LLC is here to help. We focus on helping IP professionals target the most relevant patent references when searching Life Sciences. We also provide an overview of best practices to follow, along with the pitfalls to avoid
Search Strategies Examined
Our search strategies are designed to cover a broad scope of life science prior art searches. These include:
- Active pharmaceutical ingredients and formulations
- Biotech – sequence searching, methods and apparatus
- Medical Devices – mechanical and electrical engineering
- Industrial and consumer chemistry
- Food chemistry and nutraceuticals
- Business and Database methods
- Search Types: What kinds of prior art searches are there?
- Search Strategies: A guide to conducting a good search
- Databases: Patent vs. non-patent, free vs. subscription, as well as which databases specialize in particular subject areas, along with their pros, cons and features
Presenters – Amir Ahmed & Jeffrey Sobek
Coming from varied technical and management backgrounds, they also bring a wealth of knowledge from more than 40 years of combined experience working with IP professionals from top IP and AmLaw firms to top corporates, and individual inventors.
Who Should Attend
Patent attorneys, patent agents, and paralegals will surely find these webinars very useful. Attendees have learned to manage their patent prosecution matters and searches in a more effective and timely manner.
Talk to Us Today!
Legal Advantage LLC has successfully completed 10,000+ searches, with a cross-section of experience of searching for patent and non-patent literature in databases mirrored with extensive on-site search experience at the USPTO. Call us now at (301)637-6180 or fill out our contact form to know more about how we can build information-driven IP strategies for you.
Duration: 1 Hour
(Registrations are processed manually and may require a day. Last minute registrations are processed immediately)
State Credit – 1 Hour